7 Ways to Switch up Your Tea Routine
We often find ourselves drawn to a particular tea and drinking it almost exclusively until we become almost bored with it. I too have experienced this rut. There are far too many great teas out there to limit ourselves to one type or even two let alone only doing tea hot or iced. After many years of being an avid tea drinker I came upon several solutions.
1) Seek out new teas! At Discover Teas we carry over a hundred different teas and herbs. We also have a Blend Your Own Tea Bar; you can try a new tea every time you come in.
2) Blend something new out of the teas you have in your collection. Adding a fruit note or a spicy note to a favorite can renew your enthusiasm. Even a fresh lemon or sprig of mint can completely change your cup.
3)Almost all of the teas at Discover Teas can be done iced as well. Try a fruity black or green tea iced, you will be amazed at how much the fruit flavors stand out when a great tea is iced. When tea is infused chilled, it tends to have a smooth, clean flavor without bitterness.
4) Mix it up! I start my day with a very large 51oz press of a good strong black tea, usually a single note straight black. My press yields way more than the couple of cups I have in the morning, so I always re-steep the press pot and pour up all the extra tea into a pitcher to drink iced later. Then at work I will usually have a flavored black or green tea with medium caffeine to keep my energy up during the day. By late afternoon I switch it up to something herbal and fruity to reduce caffeine the remainder of the day.
5) Research a little bit about herbs and the multitude of health benefits that are possible. If you have a headache, add a little White Willow Bark. If you want to reduce inflammation, try adding some Lemongrass or Ginger. You can always do a little research and then email me; maybe I will select your question for our blog Ask the Herbalist.
6) Remember fresh, loose leaf teas have many health benefits and can help lower blood pressure, balance cholesterol and boost your metabolism and immune system. It doesn't matter if it is Green, Black or Oolong or White. There are many studies you can find online to verify the benefits. The more you learn, the more you will enjoy the teas that bring peace, harmony, wellness and joy to your life.
7) If you still can't find your cup of tea, I have one last suggestion...Cocktails and hot toddies. Add a shot of rum or brandy to your favorite fruity cup at night for a great way to end a day. You can also cold infuse any of the fruit blends we carry at Discover Teas into a bottle of rum or vodka to get an amazing, no-mix-required cocktail. Try the Pina Colada Fruit blend in a bottle of Captain Morgan's Rum.
Email me or any of our family at Discover Teas; we have many suggestions for how to improve your tea drinking pleasure!